“Five gospels record the life of Jesus. Four you will find in books and the one you will find in the land they call Holy. Read the fifth gospel and the world of the four will open to you.” -St. Jerome (347-420 A.D.)
“How do you read the land? You walk it.”- Uri Golflam (THE BEST tour guide EVA)
I have no words. I’ve been trying to process for months and all I can think to say is: If you believe the Bible, you must go.
Israel was at the top of my LIFE GOALS travel bucket list. WAS. At 27 I checked it off. I saved for 1.5 years. I don’t regret it one bit. I’m usually a find-somone-and-crash-in-their-spare-room kind of girl, but I knew this would be worth it. I understand The Good Book even better and that in and of itself will bear fruit for life. I get the history of The State of Israel a tiny bit more and I already want to go back.
Why you should go to Israel:
- It will add another dimension to your faith that you didn’t know existed
- You will find an empathy for the Middle East and their strife
- You will eat kosher and not miss cheeseburgers
- You’ll walk more that week then the last two months of your life
- The timelines of the Bible and World History and your current life will all come together
It lives up to the hype. THE END.
Have you been? Please tell me your highlights! Find mine below.
Hover over the pictures for captions.