Recently I have become very active in the Instagram world, finding teachers and seeing what they are up to in the classroom. I saw a teacher who has all the board game packs for his TPT store. So I thought I could make a board game template and easily play that with my class! I made one! You can find it in my new TPT store for FREE!
1. Split the class into pairs or let them choose their opponent
2. Give each pair 1 game board, 1 die, 2 game pieces
3. Every pair chooses player 1 and player 2
4. Put a problem up on the board
5. Player 1 solves the problem or answers the question
6. Player 2 checks player 1’s answer that is given by the teacher after time is called
7. If player 1 gets it right, player 1 rolls the die and moves forward that many spaces
8. Switch players, put up a new problem and repeat
9. If a student lands on a space that says “cross the bridge”, they cross, if they land on a space that says “go back” they must go back, first one the cross the finish line wins!
Instead of putting problems up on the board give each pair of students a set of problem cards with answers on the back. Studnet 1 picks up a problem solves it and students 2 can check the back for the answer. More prep but minimal teacher involvement.
Give them matching sort cards. Have them check themselves, given an answer key or you can run around like a chicken with your head cut off (like I do) and check each group as they go.
The possibilities are endless.
I WOULD LOVE to see what you come up with!