Discovering the formula for the volume of Cones and Pyramids!
Really simple activity! I exaplain step-by-step and there’s a video at the end too if you prefer that.
I did this with water but you can also do it with rice some of my insta-friends told me!
- Have some fillable 3D solids. I used the ones below (click on pitcure to go to amazon affiliate link):
- Pu them in partners. Three goups at a time.
- Have them fill up Cones/Pyramids and dump the contents into Cylinder/Prism with the same height and base.
- Have them describe the relationship. I used this workseet to help them process step-by-step.
- They should come to the conclusions that the relationship is 1/3.
- Simple and Fun!